500g chicken breast diced
¼ cup plain flour
3 tablesp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
50g pine nuts
2 onions sliced
1 teasp ground cinnamon
1 teasp ground cumin
1 teasp ground paprika
1 teaspoon dried coriander flakes
¼ cup sultanas
1 cup chicken stock
¼ cup parsley chopped
1 Medium lemon
2 cups couscous
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, add pinenuts, stirring constantly, until just starting to colour then transfer pinenuts to a plate.
- Place flour in a bowl, sprinkle salt and pepper, add chicken, toss to coat.
- Add one tablespoon of oil into a frypan, on a high and cook the chicken until golden then transfer cooked chicken to a plate.
- Heat remaining tablespoon of oil in pan, add onions and saute untill golden.
- Add cooked chicken to frypan with spices, sultanas and one cup of stock and bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to the boil, stir in couscous and olive oil then turn off heat, leave for 5 minutes
- In a bowl combine chicken mix with couscous, stir in pine nuts, parsley and lemon juice.