Spicy Ground Beef Couscous
Spicy beef with garlic, ginger and fresh coriander mint over couscous
1 Tablsp Vegetable Oil
1 Large Onion, finley chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Tsp Fresh Ginger, greated
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Tsp Ground Cardamom
1/4 Tsp Ground Caraway
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
Salt and Pepper to taste
500g Ground Beef
1 400g Dice Tomatoes
2-3 Tablsp Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
2-3 Tablsp Fresh Mint, roughly chopped
2-3 Cups Whole Wheat Couscous
- Cook the couscous then fluff with a fork and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat then sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and spices until onions are softened and lightly golden.
- Add the ground beef and cook until nicely browned.
- Lower heat to medium and add the canned tomatoes then simmer for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are softened.
- Remove from heat and mix through coriander and mint.
- Serve over couscous.