Sweet Couscous with Pomegranate
Couscous with pomegranate seeds, cinnamon and pistachio nuts
Seeds from 2 large pomegranates
1/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup fine-grain couscous
1 cup boiling water
2 tbsp orange juice
1 tbsp orange flower water
1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 tbsp pistachios, peeled & crushed
1/2 teasp ground pepper
1/2 teasp ground cinnamon
Mint leaves for garnish
- In a large bowl mix the pomegranate seeds with orange juice, orange flower water, pepper and caster sugar then cover and refrigerate for two hours.
- Rinse couscous with cold water then strain well, combine into bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into mixture boiling water, stir in until water is absorbed then stir in olive oil.
- Mix in butter and pomegranate seed then fluff mixture with a fork.
- Serve sprinkled with cinnamon and crushed pistachios nuts and garnish with mint leaves.