1 Cup Whole Grain Wheat
5 Cups Water
2 Cups Milk
4 Tbsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon for each serving bowl (optional)
Sliced Almonds or Crushed Walnuts for garnish (optional)
- Place the wheat in a bowl, cover with water then leave over night to soak.
- Place wheat in a saucepan and cover with water over a medium heat, bring it to boil then lower heat and simmer 10-15 minutes until the wheat has softened (add more water if required) then drain.
- Return saucepan to a low heat, add milk and sugar mix well and bring to a boil.
- Take Belila off heat and place into small serving bowls.
- Add the almonds or walnuts and cinnamon on top of each serving bowl if desired.
- You can serve it either hot or cold.