Egyptian Lemon and Honey Pudding
Jelly pudding with lemon zest, honey and cinnamon
3 Cups Full Cream Milk
3 Tblsp Cornstarch
3/4 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 Tsp Mastic Grains
1 1/2 Tsp Grated Lemon Zest
4 Tblsp Honey
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- Dissolve the sugar and cornstarch in the cold milk.
- Place on medium to low heat.
- Add the mastic and lemon zest and stir continuously to melt the mastic, combine and prevent from burning.
- Continue stirring until it thickens and thickly coats the back of a spoon. This should take around 25-20 minutes.
- Separate into serving bowls and cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours to form a jelly pudding consistency.
- Place under a hot grill for up to 5 minutes to caramelize the top.
- Pour over honey, sprike over cinnamon then serve.