¼ pound filo pastry
7 ounces melted butter
1 quart fresh milk
2½ cups sugar
1 cup water
5 Tbsp semolina
2 cups ricotta cheese
1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups diced pistachios
- Put filo pastry in a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter on the pastry and spread it
- Divide the filo pastry into 2 pieces.
- Spread ½ of the pastry in a 12x12 baking tray.
- Heat up oven to 175 Celsius and bake until pastry
gets brownish, then take it out.
- Boil milk in a pot and add semolina and ½ cup sugar,
mixing constantly. When the mixture gets thick, remove it from fire.
- Add ricotta cheese and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on the baked pastry.
- Cover the mixture with the second part of the filo pstry.