1 1/2 Cups Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Essence
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Vegtable Oil
3 Cups Self Rasing Flour
2 Cups Shredded Coconut
2 Tsps Baking Powder
1 Cups Sugar
1 Cups Water
1/2 Lemon Juice
1 Tsp orange Blossom Water
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- In a large bowl beat eggs with sugar, vanilla essence, milk and oil.
- Add flour, shredded coconut and baking powder.
- Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- Make the syrup, mix all the syrup ingredients in a saucepan on a low to medium heat and simmer and stir for 10-15 minutes then allow to cool.
- Remove cake from oven, pour syrup over the hot cake and sprinkle with more coconut on top.
- Cut in diagonal slices then serve.