Ground rice with spice, nuts, rasines and coconut
1 Cups Rice
6 Cups Water
2 Cups Sugar
1 Tbsp Caraway Seed
1 Tbsp Anise Seed
1/4 Tsp Ginger Powder
Nuts, Rasines and Coconut for garnish
- Grind rice in a mortar until fine and powdery then grind spices separately set aside in a bowl.
- Mix rice with two cups of cold water, add sugar and spices to make a smooth paste.
- In a saucepant boil the rest of the water then add the rice mix and ginger.
- Boil for an hour, stirring occasionally, until mixture coats the spoon.
- Pour into individual serving bowls.
- Garnish with your choice of nuts, rasines and coconut.