15 slices bread
2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups water
2 tablesp orange blossom water
1 tablesp rose water
400ml thickened cream
2 tablesp corn starch
1 cup chopped pistachio
- Place slices of bread in an oven tray and toast until lightly golden, remove then place in a large bowl.
- Put, in a medium saucepan, 3 tablespoons of sugar on high heat and stir constantly until it turns brown, then pour water and the remaining sugar.
- Stir to boil and dissolve, remove the sugar from the heat and add orange blossom and rose water.
- Stir then pour the syrup on the roasted bread and with a big spoon, mix the bread with syrup until it combines.
- Spread the bread in a big serving platter some 13-inches square and set it aside.
- Place cream and corn starch in a saucepan on medium heat and stir constantly to boil and thicken, then remove from heat and add blossom water.
- Stir well and pour cream on the brown bread, and sprinkle the top chopped pistachio, then serve.