Syrian Semolina Cheese Cake
Creamy semolina and cheese wrapped in filo
6 Large Filo Pastry Sheets
200ml Double Cream
2 Tblsp Orange Blossom Water
500g White Brine Cheese
2 Tblsp Butter
Icing Sugar for dusting
- Heat the oven to 160c.
- In a pot add the milk, cream and sugar stir while heating till all the sugar has melted then add the semolina and orange blossom water.
- Before boiling point add all the cheese and whisk till all the melted cheese is mixed in.
- Take of the heat and keep whisking for few minutes till it is smooth and well mixed.
- Melt the butter and brush the base and edges of a 24cm (9inch) spring form cake tin.
- Arrange your filo pastry sheets so half of it is inside the tin and the rest outside to be fold on top.
- Make sure the pastry covers the whole tin. You need to brush every layer with butter to stick in place.
- Tip the cheese mixture. Wrap the Filo sheets on top in a random wrinkled pattern. Again brush with butter.
- Bake in the oven for one hour till nice and golden. Let cool down for few hours then put in the fridge over night.
- Dust the cake with icing sugar then serve.