1/2 cup Sugar
5 Tblsp Honey
1 cup Plain Flour
2 Tsp Baking Soda
4 Tblsp Butter, melted
2 Tblsp wallnuts, crushed
3 Tblsp Honey, diluted with 3 tsp Water
- Preheat oven to 180c. Butter a 9-inch/23cm round cake pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs until the sugar is dissolved then stir in the honey.
- Sift in flour and baking soda then add the melted butter and whisk well.
- Pour the mixture into the cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a square inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes then invert onto a serving plate.
- In a small bowl mix the wallnuts and diluted honey.
- Spread the wallnut mixture all over the warm cake then let cool before serving.