Turkish Banana Walnut Cake
Banana cake with cinnamon, honey, walnuts and dates
225g Self Raising Flour
1/2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
175g Softened Butter
3 Tbsp Clear Honey
2 Eggs, Beaten
2 Medium, Ripe Bananas
100g Pitted Dates
- Preheat the oven to 160c.
- Line the base and long sides of a loaf tin with baking paper, buttering the tin and paper.
- Tip the flour, cinnamon, butter, sugar, 2 tablespoons of the honey and the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Mash the bananas and chop the dates and add to the bowl.
- Beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes, with a hand-held mixer, until well blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level off the top.
- Scatter the walnut pieces over on top.
- Bake for 1 hour then lightly press the top to check if cooked. It will feel firm if cooked.
- When cooled drizzle the remaining honey over the top, then serve.