Turkish Pear and Walnut Cake
Cake with pear, walnut sultanas, cinnamon and honey
3 Large Pears, Peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
1/2 Cup Walnut Halves, coarsely chopped
1/4 Cup Pear Juice
1 1/2 Cups Plain Flour
1 1/4 Cups Caster Sugar
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Sultanas
2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
2 Tblsp Honey
Melted Butter, to grease pan
- Preheat oven to 170c.
- Brush a round 20cm cake pan with melted butter to lightly grease then line the base and side with baking paper.
- Using an electric beater beat the butter and sugar in a medium bowl until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition until well combined.
- Sift in together the flour and baking powder over the mixture and gently fold in until combined then mix in the pear juice.
- Add the pears, walnuts, sultanas and cinnamon then stir well to combine.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the prepared pan and smooth off the surface.
- Bake in oven for 1 and 1/4 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out dry.
- Brush the cake with honey then set aside the pan for 10 minutes to cool.
- Turn over onto a wire rack to cool completely then serve.