6 green or red bell peppers
300g lean ground beef
2 tablespoon olive oil
One chopped onion
1 stalk chopped celery
2 can diced tomatoes
2 clove garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
1 cup almost cooked long-grain rice
- First Cut tops off peppers remove seeds and membranes and set aside. Rinse peppers under cold water then place peppers in a large pot.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chopped onion, garlic and celery for about 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Add one can of tomatoes, oregano, basil, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Simmer for about 10 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Gently stir in ground beef and rice and mix well.
- Stuff peppers with meat mixture and place it back in pot.
- Mix the second can of tomatoes and rest of herbs and mix then pour tomato mixture over the stuffed peppers and simmer gently for 20 to 30 minutes until rice and peppers are well cooked.