1kg yellow squash
500g mince lamb or beef
1 cup white rice
1/2 teasp cinnamon
1/2 teasp salt
1/4 teasp pepper
2 tablesp parsley chopped
2 cups chicken stock
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tablesp tomato paste
- Pre-heat oven to 180c.
- Cut off stem ends of the squash then use a melon ball
scooper to scoop out the center of each squash.
- In a bowl combine meat, rice, cinnamon, salt, pepper,
and parsley, mix well.
- Stuff the squash by pressing the meat mixture in (do
not over stuff).
- Place stuffed squashes in a large casserole.
- In a bowl, combine diced tomatoes, tomato paste and
chicken stock mix well then pour this mixture over the stuffed squashes.
- Cover casserole with foil and bake in the oven for
approximately 1 hour until the squashes are tender and meat and rice
are nicely cooked inside, serve hot.