400g of veal leg or shoulder
1 finely chopped red onion
1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup roughly chopped Italian parsley
2 cloves minced garlic
2 teasp turmeric
1 teasp cayenne
1 teasp ground black pepper
2 teasp salt
2 ripe tomatoes
1 red capsicum
3 tablesp of balsamic vinegar
Some extra virgin olive oil
- Mix 1 finely chopped red onion, 1/2 cup roughly chopped coriander leaves and the same of Italian parsley, 2 cloves minced garlic, 3 teaspoons ground cumin, 4 teaspoons paprika, 2 teaspoons turmeric, 1 teaspoon cayenne, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper and 2 teaspoons salt.
- Chop 400g of veal leg or shoulder into bitesized chunks along with 1 onion, 3 waxy potatoes, 2 ripe tomatoes and a red capsicum.
- Heat 1/4 cup of extravirgin olive oil in the tagine dish. Toss the veal and the vegetables in a bowl with the spice mix and place in the tagine.
- Lightly fry for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring continuously. Add half a cup of water, cover and turn the heat down low.
- It should take about 30 to 40 minutes to cook.
- When ready, turn off the heat and mix in 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar.
- Can be served with couscous or rice.