400g lamb mince
1 large eggplant
2 tablesp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
400g can diced tomatoes
2 tablesp each ground cumin, ginger, paprika
1/2 teasp cinnamon powder
1 tablesp tomato paste
2 cups plain flour, sifted
150g unsalted butter
- Heat olive oil in frying pan add eggplant cook for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel, then add to lamb mince and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 min until thick and pulpy. Cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease pans. Roll out pastry and divide into 4. Use to line pans, leaving 2cm overhanging.
- Spoon a quarter of the lamb mixture into each case and fold up pastry, pleating as you go.
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes until golden.