4 Cups Flour
2 Tsp Yeast
1 Tsp Sugar
1/2 Tsp Salt
750g Ground Beef
2 Spring Onions, finely chopped
1/2 Onion, finely chopped
2 Tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
1 Cup Parsley, finely chopped
1 1/2 Tsp All Spice
1 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Chili
1/2 Tsp Pepper
- In a large bowl, mix the sifted flour, 2 tsp yeast, 1 tsp sugar, 1/2 tsp salt, and enough warm water to achieve a liquidly dough, almost like paste.
- Cover and set in a warm place for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Mix by hand the minced meat, finely chopped vegetables, and the spices and seasonings into dough.
- Using wet hands take a handful of the mixture and pat it into a disc about 1cm thick.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until cooked through and golden at the bottom and edges, then serve.