1 Tsp Butter
1kg Ground Lamb
1 Small Onion, chopped
4 Sprigs fresh Parsley, chopped
Salt and Black Pepper to taste
1/8 Tsp Cinnamon
8 Phyllo Pastry Sheets (12 X 17 each)
3 Tbs Melted Butter
1 Egg, beaten
Sesame Seeds for garnish
- Preheat oven to 175c.
- Melt butter in a frying pan over medium heat then add ground lamb and fry for around 2-3 min.
- Add the onion, parsley, salt, black pepper and cinnamon.
- Cook over medium-low heat until lamb is cooked through.
- Fold both sides of a phyllo sheet to the center length-wise then sprinkle lightly with melted butter.
- Place two tablespoons of meat filling at one end of phyllo then press until around four inches wide and one inch deep.
- Roll dough over three times then Sprinkle with more butter and brush with beaten egg to seal.
- Repeat with left over phyllo and meat mixture.
- Place turnovers on a lightly-greased baking dish.
- Bake for around 15-20 min then sprinkle with sesame seeds for garnish.