400g ground beef
3 cups flour
2 grated onions
1 1/2 cups oil
1 teasp ground black pepper
1 teasp mixture of yeast, fennel, poppy seed
1 teaspn cumin
oil for frying
- Pour flour into a deep bowl, add the mixed spices and salt.
- Add the oil and rub with fingertips.
- Add water and a pinch of salt a little at a time, mixing thoroughly until batter clings.
- Divide into small pieces, place on a tray and put in a warm place for one hour.
- Put ground meat, onion, salt, pepper and cumin in a frying pan and cook over low heat. Cool.
- Roll each piece of dough into a round, about 1/16 inch thick. Place a tablespoon of meat in the center of each round and seal then twist the edges.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the samboosak on both sides. Serve hot.