1 envelope yeast
1 1/2 cups lukewarm water
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tsp. salt
1 to 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
300g baby spinach roughly chopped
1 cup finely minced onions
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1/2 cup pine nuts
Juice of 1 lemon
1 Tbs. dried marjoram
1/3 cup olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 Celsius.
- Dissolve the yeast in the water, add the olive oil,
salt and the whole wheat flour and mix until you have a dough that you can
knead. Knead for a couple of minutes on a lightly floured work surface until
shiny and elastic.
- Place the dough in a large oiled bowl cover with a
towel and let rise until doubled in size (1 hour).
- Blend all the ingredients for the filling and set
- Turn the dough out on the work surface and knead for
a couple of minutes. With a rolling pin roll it out very thin, but not so
thin that it will bread. Cut 10cm squares with a pastry wheel, place a
heaping teaspoon of filling on each square and fold into a triangle.
- Pinch the edges together and place on a lightly oiled
- Brush with a little olive oil and bake in the oven
for about 20 to 30 minutes or until light brown.