Sweet Potato and Ginger Pastries
Parcels filled with sweet potato, ginger, chilli and spring onion
400g Sweet Potatoes
60g Melted Butter
1 Red Chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
4 Spring Onions , finely Sliced
Thumb-size Piece Ginger , grated
80g Fillo Pastry Sheets
1 Tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat Oven 180c and bake the potatoes until tender.
- Melt the butter in a pan then fry chilli for 30 secs, then spring onion whites and ginger for 1 min.
- Scrape flesh from potatoes, discard skins, and then mash into the pan. Season, then stir in onion greens.
- Pre-heat oven to 200c, unroll a pastry sheet and cut 3 x 6cm strips from the middle.
- Brush strips with the melted butter then place a spoonful of potato mix at one end, then fold up from side-to-side to make a triangular parcel.
- The filling should be completely sealed in. Arrange parcels on a baking sheet, brush with butter and repeat until you've used up all the filling.
- Bake for 20 mins until crisp and golden then dust with a pinch of cinnamon then serve.