20g Dry Yeast (2 Tbsp)
1/4 Cup Sugar
1 1/2 Cups Lukewarm Water
4 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Vegetable Oil
2 Tsps Salt
7 Cups Allpurpose Flour
- Dissolve the yeast and 1 tsp of the sugar in 1 cup of the water in a large bowl or the bowl of an electric mixer.
- mix, and let sit for 10 min.
- mix into the yeast mixture 3 of the eggs, oil, salt, and the left over water and sugar.
- Slowly knead in enough flour to make a soft, tacky dough.
- Using your hands or a dough hook on the mixer, knead for 10 min or until smooth.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured board, place in a greased bowl, and let rise, covered, for 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and separate into 9 rounds around the size of tennis balls.
- Place 3 rounds together on a greased cookie sheet, touching, to form a triangle.
- Repeat with left over dough. Let rise, uncovered, for around 30 Min.
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Beat the left over egg with a little water and brush the dough.
- Bake for around 20 min or until golden and loaves sound hollow.