2 Cups Rice
1 Whole Chicken, cut into pieces
2 Large Onions, finely chopped
3 Medium Tomatoes, mashed
3 Cinnamon Sticks
4 Cardamom Pods
1 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tblsp vegetable oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
Parsley, finely chopped for garnish
Lemmon wedges for serving
- In a medium sauce pan sauté the onions in vegetable oil until golden then add cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves, salt and pepper then add the chicken and enough water to cover all the ingredients.
- Cover the pot and cook on medium heat until the water comes to a boil, reduce the heat and leave until chicken is cooked then remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the pot containing the chicken broth add the rice with more water if needed so that the rice is covered.
- When the rice comes to a boil, stir in the mashed tomatoes and the turmeric then reduce heat and simmer until rice is cooked.
- Then fry the cooked chicken pieces until golden in color.
- When the rice is cooked, place it in a serving dish and top with the fried chicken.
- Garnish the dish with parsley and lemmon wedges then serve.