1.5kg chicken pieces
2 cups White Basmati Rice
400g tomato paste
1 medium onion, chopped
2 teasp garlic powder
1 teasp ground cumuin
2 teasp ground cardomon
2 teasp chilli flakes (optional)
6 teasp of olive oil
1 Large Tomato,chopped
1/4 cup raisins
1 cinnamon stick
1 preserved lemon (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot add oil, chopped onions and cumuin stirring until browned on high heat.
- Add boiling water to the pot until half full, add salt and peper, cardomon, garlic powder, chilli, tomato, tomato paste, preserved lemon and raisins.
- Add chicken to broth, cover and simmer on medium heat 30-40 min.
- Remove chicken from broth, place on baking dish and put into a preheated oven at 180c for 30-40min till skin lightly crisped.
- Strain the broth, keep the strained ingredients in one bowl and the broth in another bowl.
- In the pot, add the rice along with 4 cups of the Kabsa broth.
- Bring to boil then reduce heat to low, cover and cook rice for 10-15 min untill light and fluffy.
- Place rice on platter, place chicken on top then garnish with strained ingredients and serve.