2 Cups Farik (farik is a cereal made from roasted green wheat)
1kg Skin Free Chicken Fillets
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Cloves Garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tsp Ground Cardamom
1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
1 Tsp Paprika Powder
1 Tsp Ground Cloves
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Tblsp Unsalted Butter
1/2 Cup Chopped Almonds
1/2 Cup Pine Nuts
- Wash the farik and remove any unwanted particles.
- In large frying pan heat the oil then sauté the onions and garlic until lightly golden.
- Add the chicken fillets and spices then cook stirring for 5-8 minutes.
- Add the farik, 1 litre of hot water and the bay leaves then simmer on a low heat covered for 40 minutes.
- In a small frying pan melt the butter then lightly toast the almonds and pine nuts then set aside.
- Spoon the farik onto a large serving plate, place the chicken pieces on top, scatter over the almonds and pine nuts then serve.