8 small skinless chicken thigh fillets
1 cup chicken stock
500 g butternut pumpkin cut into 2-cm cubes
2 large onions cut into wedges
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 red chilli sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Combine pumpkin, onions, 2 teaspoons of the oil and
pepper in a large bowl. Toss to coat. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining oil, 2 teaspoons of the lemon
juice, spices, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper to season.
- Rub this mixture over the chicken thighs. Place
chicken thighs in a large roasting and greased pan.
- Surround chicken with the pumpkin and onions, Bake
for 35-40 minutes until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender
- Mix through the mint and transfer chicken and
- Add stock and remaining lemon juice to roasting pan
and place over high heat.
- Bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned
- Simmer for 1 minute. Strain the liquid into medium
bowl. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with chopped coriander. Serve with couscous