1kg Green Broad Beans, peeled, cut into half
4 Cups Rice
1 Cup Fresh Fennel Leaves, chopped
4 Cups Broth Vegtable or Chicken
3 Garlic Cloves, crushed
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Chili Powder
Salt and Peper to taste
- Place rice in a bowl and soak for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and sauté broad beans for 15 minutes stirring well continuously.
- Add the fennel leaves and garlic then cook for another 10 minutes stirring well continuously.
- Drain rice then add to the pot, add the broth, chilli, salt and pepper mixing well.
- Raise the heat to high until the water has mostly evaporated then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer until the rice is cooked then serve hot.