1 cup brown Lentils
1 cup Small Macaroni
1 cup Short Grain Rice
1 cup Tomato puree
2 Large Onions sliced
¼ cup Olive Oil for frying onions
2 tabsp olive oil for tomato sauce
2 Garlic Clove finely chopped
- Place lentils in a sieve and wash well under running
water. Place in a large pot and add 3 cups water and 1 teaspoon salt. Bring
to the boil, then simmer for 1hour until tender but still intact. Drain and
- Clean same pot and add 4 cups water. Bring to the
boil, add 2 teaspoons salt and the macaroni. Stir constantly until water
returns to the boil and cook, uncovered, for 15 minutes until tender. Stir
occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Wash rice well in sieve under running water and
drain. Heat oil in pot and fry rice over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add 2
cups water and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
Cover and simmer over low heat for 15 minutes or until tender then uncover
for 5 minutes for grains to separate.
- In another pot heat the oil on a medium to hight heat and brown onions,
it will take around 15 minutes (it has to brown in color) then take it out
on a paper towel for any excess oil after 10 to 15 minutes it should be a
- Place the tomato and garlic in a small pot and simmer for 20 minutes
till sauce is thickened.
- You can start layering your dish, start with the rice then lentils
and then macaroni and add the sauce on top then put it on a low heat for 10-
15 minutes to heat up, then finish with garnishing with lots of the fried
onions on top and serve hot.