1/2 cup rice
1 cup brown lentils
2 onions, chopped
1 tablesp olive oil
1 clove garlic
1/2 tablesp lemon juice
- Soak lentils over night.
- Put lentils in pot, cover with water , and simmer 1/2- 1 1/2 hours or until tender, add rice and extra water as needed.
- In a frying pan brown the sliced onion in olive oil then put in pot.
- crush one clove of garlic and add. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer until lentils are rice is done and lentils are soft (about 20 minutes) adding water sparingly as needed.
- When done, the Mejadra should be thick and hold shape fairly well.
- Add lemonm juice before serving.