2 cups long grain rice
250 g mince beef
1 large onion diced very finely
2 ½ cups chicken or beef stock
½ cup sultanas
¼ cup split almond
¼ cup pine nuts
3 cardamom pods
½ tesp mixed spices
½ tesp cinnamon
½ tesp saffron
¼ cup olive oil
Salt and pepper to season
- In a large pan heat the oil and fry the almond for
1-2 minutes till golden color, take it out and put it on a paper towel to
absorb any excess oil.
- Repeat step 1 with the pine nuts then put the onion
in the oil and let it fry for 2 minutes till soft.
- Add the beef to the pan and fry for 4-5 minutes till
meat is brown and free from any lumps.
- Add the mixed spices, cinnamon and pepper to fry ½
minute then add the cardamom pods, saffron, salt and rice and fry for
another ½ minute.
- Add the stock and bring it to the boil put it on a
low heat and cover for 15 minutes or till rice is cooked.
- Add the sultanas and the nuts to the rice and mix it
well then serve.