Rice with Yellow Lentils
Rice with yellow lentils, cumin, garlic and butter
2 Cup Rice
1 Cup Yellow Lentils
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 Cloves garlic, crushed
3 Tbsp Unsalted Butter, melted
- In a colander wash the rice and lentils together in cold water to remove the starch.
- In a large saucepan add the rice and lentils with 10 cups of water.
- Cook (uncovered) on a high heat until the water comes to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- When the water comes to a boil, reduce heat to medium then a simmer for 30 minutes or until the rice is fully cooked.
- Drain well in a colander then set aside.
- In a frying pan melt the butter then add the garlic stirring until the garlic is golden.
- Place the rice mixture on a serving plate, mix through the melted butter and garlic, cumin, salt and pepper then serve.