Turmeric and beef rice
Spicy rice with ground beef, carrot, bell pepper and peas
400g ground beef
2 cups rice, boiled, strained and chilled
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 large carrot, finely chopped
1/2 bell pepper, finely chopped
1/2 cup green peas
1/4 cup olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tblsp turmeric powder
1 tsp dry basil flakes
1 tsp dry dill
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp chicken stock powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/2 Lemon juice
1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Heat a large frying pan with 1 tbsp of olive then sauté onions and garlic until lightly golden.
- Add the beef and stir until brown and flaked onto small pieces.
- Add carrot and bell paper and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add rice, remaining olive oil, peas and spices then mix well.
- Keep gently mixing for 5-8 min to ensure all the rice has been colour by the turmeric.
- Add lemon juice and parsley mix for another 2-3 minutes then serve hot.