1 tbs olive oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
4 25cm Lebanese bread
800g canned brown lentils
3 tomatoes, diced
1 cup continental parsley, roughly chopped
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablesp lemon zest
1/2 tsp ground cumin
Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Combine the oil and garlic in a small bowl.
- Cut the Lebanese bread into trinagle wedges and brush all over with the oil mixture.
- Place the bread wedges on a baking tray and bake in a pre-heated oven for until golden.
- Place the lentils in a sieve and rinse well under cold water.
- Drain and place in a bowl. Add tomatoes, parsley and onion to lentils mix well.
- Make the dressing - place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, lemon zest and cumin in a bowl, and mix well, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix.
- Serve with the garlic bread wedges.