10 Fresh Calamari, skinned and cleaned
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Ground Cumin
4 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/4 Tsp Black Pepper
1 Cup Plain Flour
2 Eggs, beaten
3 Cups Vegetable Oil
- Slice the squid bodies into narrow rings and dry rings and tentacles with a paper towel.
- Mix flour, cumin, garlic, pepper, salt and black pepper in a ziploc bag.
- Add squid to bag and flour lightly.
- Dip squid into egg and then back into bag to flour again.
- Heat oil to smoking point, and then lower heat slightly.
- Fry the squid in small batches for around 20 seconds only.
- Remove with slotted spoon or strainer.
- Drain well on paper towel before serving hot with lemon wedges.