Lebanese Chickpea, Sumac and Zaatar topped Fish
Fryed fish fillets tooped with a chickpea, sumac and zaatar salad
4 X 200g Fish Fillets, Each Cut into 4 Pieces
150g Potato Flour
40g zaatar Mix
250ml Vegetable Oil
Roasted Chickpea Salad:
400 G Can Chickpeas, drained
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
155g (1 Cup) Pine Nuts or Slivered Almonds
2 Bunches Coriander, Leaves roughly chopped
3 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 Long Red Chillies, finely chopped
2 Lemons, Juiced
60 Ml (1/4 Cup) Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 180c.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with salt and pepper, then add the fish and gently mix to coat. Set aside.
- Mix the flour, zaatar and sumac in a bowl, then dredge fish pieces in flour mixture until well coated. Set aside on a tray.
- To make the chickpea salad, pat chickpeas dry with paper towel, then spread on a baking tray.
- Drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Roast for 5 minutes, then add pine nuts to the tray and roast for a further 5 minutes or until lightly roasted.
- Cool slightly, then gently toss in a bowl with the coriander.
- To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season and pour over salad.
- Heat half the vegetable oil in a heavy-based frying pan (preferably cast-iron) over high heat.
- Fry the fish, in 2 batches, adding the remaining oil to the second batch, for 1 minute each side or until golden.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
- Spread the chickpea salad over a wide, shallow platter, top the fish and serve immediately.