Spicy Fish Patties
Fish patties with pine nuts, cumin, cayenne and turmeric
1/4 cup Pine Nuts
500g Boneless Skinless Fish Fillets
1 Onion, finely Chopped
1/2 Cup Breadcrumbs
1/4 Cup Flat-Leaf Parsley, finely Chopped
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Cayenne
1 Tsp Ground Turmeric
1/3 Cup Oil for frying
- Place the pine nuts into a small frying pan and toast them over medium heat for 6-8 minutes till golden and fragrant, stirring constantly.
- Cut the fish fillet into large chunks and place it into a food processor. Pulse just a few times until the fish chunks are coarsely chopped.
- Place the chopped fish into the mixing bowl with the pine nuts. Add the onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, salt, cumin, cayenne and turmeric. Stir till all ingredients are well blended.
- Heat your oil over medium till hot enough for frying, then form 2 tablespoons of fish mix into a small disk shape and fry for 2-3 minutes per side until dark golden brown.
- Place cooked patties onto a paper towels to drain.
- Serve hot, can be served with tahini sauce for dipping.