1kg White Fish Fillets, skinned and minced
1 Small Onion, diced
1/2 Cup Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley, roughly chopped
1 Tblsp Oil for frying
1 Small Onion, thinly sliced
2 Cloves Garlic, cut into round slices
3 Tblsp Coriander Leaves, roughly chopped
1 Medium Bell Pepper, sliced
1/4 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Chili Powder
1/4 Tsp Ground Cumin
100g Mushrooms, cut into quarters
1 Medium Tomato, diced
1 Tblsp Tomato Paste
Salt and pepper to tase
3 Cups Water
- Place minced fish in a bowl and mix in onions and parsley.
- Divide the mixture into 12 portions then shape into fingers.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan, grill the fish fingers for 5-6 minutes on all sides until cooked then set aside.
- In a large saucepan add onion, garlic, coriander, bell pepper, spices, mushrooms, tomato, tomato paste and water, mix well.
- Cook over medium heat till boiling then simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish kofta fingers to the sauce then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, gently put into a serving dish then serve.