500g filleted Fish
200g medium size prawns
6 cups fish stock
2 medium onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 large potatoes, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tablesp olive oil
1/2 teasp chilli powder
1/4 teasp saffron
1/2 teasp cinnamon
1/2 teasp cumin
4 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 preserved lemon, chopped
Flat leaf parsley for garnish
Spring onion for garnish
- Boil mussles for 1 minutes until open then remove each mussle from shell and set aside.
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute the onions until well browned.
- Add garlic and red pepper, saute for 3 minutes then add spices, fennel, potatoes, tomatoes and stock.
- Boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add fish, prawns, mussles, preserved lemon and lemon juice then simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and spring onion, serve hot with flat bread.