500g Ground Beef
2 Medium Onion, finely chopped
2 Medium Eggs
3 Tblsp Olive Oil
1/2 Cup Almonds
1 Tblsp Butter
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/8 Tsp Saffron
7 Cups boiling water or broth
2 Tblsp coriander, finely chopped
1 Cup Vermicelli
1 Tblsp Parsley, roughly chopped
2 Tblsp Lemon Juice
Salt And Pepper to taste
- In saucepan, heat oil then add half the onions and sauté until golden brown.
- Add almonds, butter, salt, pepper, cinnamon, saffron and 2 cups boiling water.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 5 minutes. In the meantime, mix the meat, coriander, one of the eggs and the remaining onions, salt and pepper.
- Make into balls the size of marbles. Add to mixture with remaining boiling water.
- Cook over medium heat until meatballs are well done about 20 minutes.
- Add vermicelli and cook for 5 minutes. Make a sauce by mixing the remaining egg, parsley and the lemon juice.
- Add to the pot, one minute before the soup is served. Stir well but do not boil.