Broad Bean and Parsley Soup
Broad bean, ginger, garlic and parsley soup
2 cups large broad beans, soaked for about 24 hours
8 cups water
1 Tablespoon olive oil
2 Tablespoons grated ginger
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cumin
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tblsp parsley, finely chopped
1/2 Brown onion, finely chopped
- Drain beans and remove skins. Place beans in saucepan with water and bring to boil.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1-1/2 hours or until well-cooked. Allow to cool.
- Puree in a blender then return to saucepan and bring to boil, adding more water if necessary.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except the onion and parsley, and bring to boil.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- In a saucepan saute the onion until golden.
- Place the soup in bowls then garnish with saute onion and parsley, serve hot.