1 cup chickpeas
1 large onion chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
2 cloves garlic crushed
4 pieces ginger 20g
2 tabsp oil
1 tesp ground cinnamon
½ tesp black pepper
500g diced lamb
3 large tomatoes seeded and chopped
8 cups hot water
½ cup brown lentils
2 tabsp plain flour
½ cup rice
2 tabsp lemon (add before serving)
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan, add the
onion, celery, garlic and ginger and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon and black pepper and fry for 1
- Add the diced lamb and fry for 4-5 minutes til meat
- Add tomatoes, chickpeas and water then cover and
leave for 50 minutes.
- Dissolve the flour in 2 tabsp of cold water and add
to the pan with the lentils and leave for 30 minutes.
- Add the rice and leave till rice is cooked.
- Add the lemon juice and Coriander leaves to garnish