Jordanian Carrot and Almond Soup
Creamy carrot soup with cinnamon, cumin and ginger topped with cruched almonds
6 Large Carrots, chopped
3 Cloves Garlic, crushed
3 Cups Milk
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 Tsp Ground Coriander
1 Tsp Ground Cumin
1 Tsp Ground Ginger Powder
Salt and Pepper to taste
1/4 Teasp Corn Flour
1 Cup Almonds, Cruched
- Boil carrots for 15-20 minutes until soft then drain.
- Put carrots, garlic, milk and olive oil and spices into a blender for 3 minutes until smooth.
- Pour ingredients into a saucepan bring to a boil then simmer on a low heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Mix corn flour with 1/4 cup warn water until dissolved then pour into saucepan and stir for 2-3 minutes until soup has thickened.
- Mix through crunched almonds and serve hot.