Turkish potato soup
Potato with milk, stock, garlic and cumin garnished with lettuce
4 potatoes, peeled
5 cups of chicken stock
1 cup of milk
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 teasp salt
Lettuce finely chopped for garnish
Spring onions finely chopped for garnish
Cumin for garnish
- In a large suacepan boil potatoes until very soft then strain and mash the potatoes in the saucepan.
- Add the chicken stock, salt and garlic then simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Beat the milk and egg in a bowl.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the milk mixture slowly.
- Garnish with lettuce, spring onions and a sprinkle of cumin.
- Serve hot.