1/3 cup rice
1/4 cup butter
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
1 cinnamon stick
pinch of black pepper
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried oregano flakes
- In a pan, melt the butter and fry in it the onions over medium heat until tender.
- Add in the tomatoes, tomato paste, black pepper, cinnamon stick, oregano and salt along with 2 liters of water.
- When the mix begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 60 minutes with lid on.
- Add in the rice and check if you need to add more water. Leave to simmer for half an hour or so.
- Serve hot with a little butter on top.