500g lamb chunks
1 1/2 litre chicken stock
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
300g spinach, washed and cut into strips
3 tblsp tomato puree
1 tblsp ground cumin
3 tsp Harissa
1 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
1/2 lemon juice
150g macaroni pasta
salt and pepper to taste
- Add the lamb to a saucepan and cook on a high heat, when browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- Keep a tablespoon of lamb fat in the pan and discard the rest.
- Reduce to a medium heat then add the garlic, onion and spinach and cook while stirring for 5 minutes.
- Return the lamb to the saucepan then add the tomato puree, cumin, harissa, chicken, chickpeas, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes then add the macaroni and cook for another 10-15 minutes until then macaroni is cooked.