Turkish Yoghurt Rice and Garlic Soup
Thick soup with yoghurt, rice, butter onion and garlic
6 Tblsp Rice
6 Tblsp Natural Yoghurt
3 Tblsp Plain Four
2 Cups Chicken Stock
6 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 Onion, finely chopped
3 Tblsp Butter
Salt and Peppet to taste
- Wash rice until the starch runs off.
- Boil the rice with 3 cups of water until the rice is soft and cooked then set aside. Do not dispose of rice water.
- In large saucepan melt the butter then sauté the onions and garlic until lightly golden then add the chicken stock.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs then add yoghurt then slowly add sifted flour, mix well ensuring no lumps.
- Add the egg mixture to the chicken stock continuously mixing until the soup begins to boil.
- Add the rice and its water, salt and pepper, then simmer on a low heat for 3-5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Serve in soup bowls.