400g castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon almond essence
500g poached almonds
250g castor sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon almond essence
1 tablespoon orange flower water
- Pastry: In a large bowl combine butter, sugar, flour, cornflour, baking powder and almond essence until smooth dough then shape into little balls.
- Almond filling: In another large bowl mix almonds with sugar, then add butter, cinnamon, almond essence and orange-flower water.
- Stuff balls will filling and close opening.
- Preheated oven at 180c. Place balls on a baking paper on a baking tray, then bake for 15 minutes until golden.
- Serve sprinkled with icing sugar.