Egyptian Fytir with Icing Sugar
Egyptian crispy fried fytir with icing sugar
2 Cups Plain Flour (plus extra flour for rolling)
1 1/2 Cup Cold Water
Oil for Deep frying
Icing Sugar for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl add the flour then slowly add the water to form the dough.
- Dust a flat surface with flour then place the dough on the surface then rub the dough with more flour.
- With a rolling pin roll the dough out to be a 2-3mm thin sheet. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin dust with a little more flour.
- Cut the dough into 8-10cm squares.
- Heat the oil for frying to very hot (200c).
- Fry the dough squares 2-3 at a time until golden than place on a plate with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
- Place the Fytir on a serving plate, dust well with the icing sugar then serve.