1 Cup Butter
1 Cup Shortening
1 Cup Shredded Coconut
4 Cups Rolled Oats
2 Cups White Sugar
4 Cups Allpurpose Flour
2 Tsps Baking Powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
1 Cup Boiling Water
- Set aside boiled water and cool until lukewarm.
- Mix butter, shortening, coconut, oats, sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with fingers until dough reaches the consistency of pie crust.
- Add lukewarm water and work into dough.
- Make dough into one inch balls.
- Flatten with a fork or fancy bottomed glass for imprint.
- Place on greased cookie sheets and bake at 200c for 10 minutes.